Betta ignore female betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishforlife

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a male and female condition and the female is under his nest right now but the male either chase her away (Not Ready?) and she keep coming back under the nest when ever he swim away. When she's in the jar he'll start going to her dancing or just trying to attack her. When's she out he start making bubble like always. Any idea?

I have a male and female condition and the female is under his nest right now but the male either chase her away (Not Ready?) and she keep coming back under the nest when ever he swim away. When she's in the jar he'll start going to her dancing or just trying to attack her. When's she out he start making bubble like always. Any idea?

Sometimes I think the males want to keep the females away from the nest until they are finished making it. I've had similar situations to this before with my breeders. I keep hiding spots in the breeding tank for the female to hide in if the male goes after her. (I use PVC fittings for this.) I'll leave the female in the tank unless the male gets really aggressive towards her. If that happens, I put the female back in her glass holding bottle at night. I'll release her in the mornings and watch their behavior. If she "bows" to him and he is still beating on her, I get her out and look for another male to breed with. Not all males are good breeders :(

Hope this helps (y)

Back
Top Bottom