Betta not breeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishforlife

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 5.5 gallon and the betta is in there for now since it was the guppy fry tank but been move. The male betta is still chasing her around nipping on her fin and she look tired. She usually just stay behind the vase n hide from him. They only try 3 time but no egg didn't come out and I think the female betta had lost interest in him. They been condition for 2 week n extra week just to make sure they know each other. The male betta is ready since he stop making his nest and starting dancing around her. Just that the female always on the ground or swimming with her head down. Anything wrong with the betta?

First off, get the female out of there as soon as possible. If they are shown to each other (while seperated) and the male makes a bubble nest while the female fattens up with eggs then you can add them together for a short time. I would watch this happen and make sure they go through the mating wrap and then when they are done the female needs to be removed to be given time to rest and recouperate while the male tends the nest.

Ill try again the next couple day because the female is swollen with egg and the other day I saw her egg coming out by her self. She didn't touch the egg neither the male did. Female is out and male still dancing.

Yeah, give them a break every little bit if they aren't actually going through the mating process.

This the male bubble nest and now he's just blowing bubble anywhere now. The female have badly fin damage. What do you think I should but together again? I'm thinking about the next 3 day

Attachments

• image-200329176.jpg
    image-200329176.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 118
  • image-2286279106.jpg
    image-2286279106.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 118
I would wait and let her heal honestly. She looks tore up and if you keep putting her in there he might end up killing her.

I just change female since the red doesn't seem interesting to the male anymore. The male continue making his bubble bigger but they kept popping. Any advice so they won't pop? I'm going to condition two week with frozen blood worm.

To keep the bubble nest from popping away you should use an aquarium lid or plastic wrap to cover the top so cool air can't get in. I use almond leaves during each betta breeds since it thickens the water's surface, making it harder for the bubbles to pop even without a lid.

Back
Top Bottom