betta's bubble nest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dieanna

Aquarium Advice Activist
My roommate didn't want her betta anymore so I offered to take it off her hands. I felt sorry for the poor thing in a little 1/2 gal hex and set up the empty 10 gal for him. After a half a day, he started working on a bubble nest! So, I guess he likes his new home. So far the bubbles are only covering the top of the water. I've never actually seen a bubble nest, so I was wondering about how big they build them.

I was curious and looked up some pics online, some of them are impressive, but I dont know if thats abnormal or not.

wow dieanna, your betta must be in heaven...all the room to swim around and he just must be so darn happy. yeah bubble nests are amazing, they can get big...it all depends on the water current and how the nests hold together.

Great Rescue, Kudos to you! :D

kudos to you for taking an unwanted fish! I have tow happy bettas right now. One who never built a bubble nest no matter what kind of tank he lived in and another who just will not stop! Any pics of your guy?

Good for you dieanna! :D He is obviously happy with his new tank. They can build their bubble nests pretty big when they want to. Sometimes my betta covers most of the surface of his 5 gallon hex.

Thanks for the kudos guys! I was checking out some of the pics online of bubble nests. Some are very impressive. Lol, mine has quite the personality. He kept swimming over and flaring at the camera while I was trying to snap his picture. Here he is:

Attachments

• betta_192.jpg
    betta_192.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 29
rubysoho... do your cories get along well with your betta? I was thinking about getting a couple for the 10 gallon.

When I had my betta and cory in my 1gallon, they used to sleep side by side. Sometimes one on top of the other. They get along pretty well I'd say.

bettas usually get along with cories, the cories stay around the bottom while the betta is at the top. I have yet to hear a case of them having problems.

HTH

they seem to get along pretty well. Every once in a while the betta flares at my cories, but he never attacks them like he did with my ADFs. I just make sure they have plenty of hidding spaces.

jrp1588 said:
When I had my betta and cory in my 1gallon, they used to sleep side by side. Sometimes one on top of the other. They get along pretty well I'd say.
Lol, that's too darn cute. I think i'll try it. I'll probably transfer one of my cories from the 55 and get him a buddy, maybe 2, of his kind.

Back
Top Bottom