Big Enough?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scrogs

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My molly had 5 fry about three months ago. She also just had six more about a week ago. My 5 older fry are all female. They are about one centimeter long now. They are currently in a breeding tank. I was wondering if I could let them in the actual tank. It's a 10 gallon tank. I have a male gourami, (don't know how to spell it) a male black molly, 2 neon tetras, 2 Cory Catfish, and 2 African dwarf frogs.

My molly had 5 fry about three months ago. She also just had six more about a week ago. My 5 older fry are all female. They are about one centimeter long now. They are currently in a breeding tank. I was wondering if I could let them in the actual tank. It's a 10 gallon tank. I have a male gourami, (don't know how to spell it) a male black molly, 2 neon tetras, 2 Cory Catfish, and 2 African dwarf frogs.
The general rule is, if the fry are bigger than the other fish's mouths, then you'll be ok...

As soon as they don't fit in the mouth of the bigger fish. They can still be pestered for being small, so a few hiding places would be good.

You might want to consider upgrading to a bigger tank. It's getting crowded; the general rule is 1 gallon for each inch of fish. But all fish are different and some need more space than others (and thus the general rule is only general).

I attached some photos of my molly fry. They are 2 months old and I just released them into the 75gal. They are about 1/4in.

Best of luck! Cheers.

Attachments

• image-905502266.jpg
    image-905502266.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 51
  • image-296397731.jpg
    image-296397731.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 50
Thanks for the help, and I plan on giving some of the fish to the pet store or friends. I only want to keep 4 or 5.:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom