big mamas at it again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It must be! Twinnie had a batch at 1am last night which I got to watch! So far 15 counted. How are your fry coming along?

Ya I got close to 15 I haven't had a chance to accurately count. I thought I'd get more as it was her 2nd drop for me. But big momma is ready so she's in the birthing tank now lol. I hope you get some crazy strain colors.

Well I was wrong! lol I had thought that she was dropping because I found the five fry next to her in the tank and she is obviously close to dropping but she didn't have anymore in the nursery tank and I found six more in the big tank this afternoon and my female that I thought was in the early stages is no longer gravid. Lol guess that's what I get for thinking! Which means that my mama still has yet to drop, wonder how many she will have?

butterfly_koi said:
No I sell them to my local lfs

Do you sell them when they're full grown adults or as fry still? I have lots and I'm trying to figure out what to do with them.

KeeperOfFish said:
Do you sell them when they're full grown adults or as fry still? I have lots and I'm trying to figure out what to do with them.

My lfs won't take them until they are at least 3-4 Weeks old. She pays .25 a guppy or a little more if its unique in color. But she will only take 30 at a time.

butterfly_koi said:
My lfs won't take them until they are at least 3-4 Weeks old. She pays .25 a guppy or a little more if its unique in color. But she will only take 30 at a time.

Oh, I'll have to see what my LFS says, thanks:)

Nice drop you got there. Came home today to 9 guppy fry. I'm sure she ate the rest while I was at work. But I have another platy in the birth tank. Too bad we couldn't trade down the road lol

Mine dropped 25 - 30 two weeks ago and they are already starting to show a bit of colour is that normal ?

Back
Top Bottom