Black mollie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hanziie

Aquarium Advice Activist
IMG_3077.jpg

I couldnt get a great picture as ive just turned the lights out for the night just wanted to know is it possible that she could be pregnant and if so what the best course of action as ive never owned live bearing fish before!

Probably? Most female livebearers are already pregnant when you buy them. They can also store sperm for a few months, so they will keep having babies until they use it all up. What kind of setup/stock do you have?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yeah you'll have more mollies eventually lol, now is the time to figure out if you're ok with them having babies a lot or not. If not you'll only want males

Sent from my SM-G930T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Im thinking of keeping them if they survive just dont know what to do when shes ready to give birth ive herd breeding boxes can stress her and the new borns out

If you don't have an extra tank, you can try a breeding net. It's like a small mesh box that you suction onto the wall, you can make it quite homey with some plants, and it'll stress them out less.

One question she seems to gasp at the top of the tank for a short while is this normal behaviour for pregnant mollies ive got a heater on filter going all the ph,kh,no2,no3 all spot on genral hardness is a caution but apart from that all the other fish r fine is she okay?

Also my betta seems to be reall protective over her atleast i think he is she swims around the betta a lot but when my male mollie goes near her my betta basically pushes him back [emoji848]

I hope not too though im putting her in a hatchery soon...hows your betta getting along has his fins started growing back

Back
Top Bottom