Black Molly Pregnant? HELP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pocket22

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just got a black molly named tyrone 2days ago and i think shes pregnant. Her belly isnt rounded and her bellys getting bigger! Is she pregnant?

Attachments

• image-3767990606.jpg
    image-3767990606.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 120
pocket22 said:
I just got a black molly named tyrone 2days ago and i think shes pregnant. Her belly isnt rounded and her bellys getting bigger! Is she pregnant?

Not the best pic put she looks it! Good luck!

What gallon breeding tank should i get ? My budget is $35. Where should i get it too?

Umm.. how long do you think she will have the fry from now?

Ok,

I moved my black molly into my 2 gal with some live and plastic plants for
Hiding places in case im not there for the birth.
I had to improvise, since i only have
2 tanks. My guppies that were
In the 2 gal are now in the 15gal. I may keep them in there permantly
If there dpin well when she has the fry.

Hi!
Your molly momma looks an odd shape of pregnancy to me. Usually they grow the bellies forward, and then square out. But your momma looks like she went down, to me that says she could be full of eggs.

I would let her back into the larger tank, and add the plants in a corner in that tank. You may want to invest in a breeders trap or net, $10 at most and definitely worth it if you cant buy a whole nother tank

I added live plants to the smaller tank and
Im going to keep her in there. Im going to get a breeding net though.
How do they work? Right
Now she is hanging
Below the filter.

She may just be resting, sine females hide by the heater before birth. And a breeders net is basically a plastic frame and fine mesh around it. The mommas go in when they are birthing and the fry hide in plants you pit into the net.

I think she kinda is. You
Can see the short wire.

Attachments

• image-1143895223.jpg
    image-1143895223.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 79
OMG! I found 4 fry in my tank yestetday. The thing is, therr not black mollies!! I believe and think 2 are zebra danios and 2 are silver mollies, cause there white, abd the danio fry have danio pattrrns on them. How long until they get bigger? Month?

I dont know much about daino breeding, but the other fry will usually grow depending on feeding and care, they can get to an inch in 2 months of fed right.

Back
Top Bottom