Black Molly very pregnant or very fat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marleah

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi there,
I'm a beginner to fish keeping I have 4 guppies (2 males 2 fem) 3 platys (1 male 2 fem) dwarf gourami, black Molly, and a gold gourami. My black Molly is a female and the male Molly I had died the first week the tank which was about 5 months ago and I've been noticing her very fat and square for about 2 months... Can a Molly get pregnant if she's by herself? I feed them twice a day. A generous pinch. She is very aggressive with food and I've noticed in the last few weeks she is aggressive with the guppies as well. Is she pregnant? Or just fat and territorial??

Welcome to AA! Can you get any pictures? 2 months seems a long time to be pregnant! Lol

I could but she actually gave birth sometime last night and I managed to save 1 little grey mystery fry!! Since she's the only Molly in there and is black (fry is not black) she still looks quite far and her birth canal still looks open but no more fish coming out that I can see

image-1177798233.jpg

Back
Top Bottom