Black skirt tetra

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Darylb

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys just wondering if anyone has bred black skirt tetras and how hard they are? I think on of mine might be pregnant it's really fat compared to the others

I dot know much about breeding them, but the fatter tetra may be full of eggs , as tetras are egg layers. Good luck anyways!

black skirts are scatterers. Had three in a tank, then one day we saw a smaller one. dont know who was the parents, but the eggs were probably eaten by the others. I tried real hard to find info on their breeding but didn't find much.

Thanks I do t think they will last long in my tank if they drop the eggs on the gravel my kuhli loaches will probably eat them

Did it turn out that she had eggs? My white skirt girl has always been a bit bigger than rest, but noticed more rounder here lately! I think she has eggs but so little info out there about em!

No sadly my girl died :( she got chased by a molly and got stuck behind a filter inlet but i got another female now

No sadly my girl died :( she got chased by a molly and got stuck behind a filter inlet but i got another female now

I'm sorry to hear that! I'm so confused about rather mine has eggs or not. I can't believe there isn't a book/info with pictures out there about it by now!

Female black skirts are fatter by nature once they are sexually mature, the males will stay smaller and skinnier, they do look a bit fat, but anything abnormal is probably pregnancy

Back
Top Bottom