Black Skirt Tetra Breeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Duh_Breederz

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So i recently got 6 b.s.t (Black Skirt Tetra) but one die. After a couple day i did 75% water and the next day found them spawning. Im guessing the water change trigger them to spawn. Now i have thousand of egg in my coummunity tank and small tank i had to move them in the morning. So now a whole bunch of egg in 2 tank. Do i need a filter on so fungus wont grow on them? When will they hatch and can i feed bbs when they first hatch?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412833122.588512.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412833156.641315.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412833248.384140.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412833308.580107.jpg
There's egg just floating all over the place , the 75 gallon tank is planted and egg are on plants.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Unfertilized eggs will probably get fuzzy looking and should be removed, as the fungus can spread to fertilized eggs. They'll hatch within a few days and if you don't have space to house them all separately, it may be best to allow them to prey on each other, as it will reduce the numbers, and the strongest ones will survive. The parents will also eat the fry, so should be removed. I'm not sure what they can eat at first, but there are a lot of hits if you search google for breeding black skirt tetra.

B.S.Tetras

I had two of these fish way back when I first started with aquariums in a five gallon tank with two neon tetras. I bought a twenty gallon and went to transfer fish when they were all transferred I went to empty water in the five gallon and there were three tiny specks swimming around. They ended up being baby skirted tetras and I still have them. The parents do eat them, but I guess I had enough things in the little tank for them to hide. My point is only that I never fed them anything different than regular flaks because I didn't know I had them and three still survived. I would just separate from parents and crush flakes so they are really fine little dots that can fit in fry's mouths.
I've went from that twenty gallon then added a 65 gal the parents have passed but the babies are now around four yrs. old and now in with my angelfish in the 65 gal. tank. Hope this helps and good luck(y)

Back
Top Bottom