Black Skirt tetra pregnant?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fish wrangler

Aquarium Advice Addict
Some of m y black skirts are looking like this one. Is he/she just overweight or is she pregnant? If it helps all of the ones that are bigger don't have the black skirt, and their vertical bars are not as dark.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1416277434135.jpg
    1416277434135.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 154
Tetras don't get pregnant, they are egg layers

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The word would be gravid :p

That fish looks female but I wouldn't say gravid, she would have to be unusually extra wide IMHO.

Are the females normally lighter in color compared to the males or are they just stressed? Added the school of 15 neons and 10 ghost shrimp yesterday

Maybe an ammonia spike because of all the new fish is causing stress? Not to sure

I tested right before I added the fish and leveks where 0 ammo, 0 trites, and 15 trates.

They are in my planted 29 gal. Picture below

Attachments

• 1416282086076.jpg
    1416282086076.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 109
Tank looks good, the males may just be darker because thats how they look when trying to be more colourful then females.

Ok, they were all playing nicely before I added the other fish. Hopefully they settle down with time. The BST are like little piranhas when I add the flake food. Everyone gets there share, not sure if the neons are eating enough, they dont come to the surface to feed as of right now

Remember the neons are new and need to settle in give them some time.

It has been a while since I have gotten new fish. Tank was home to 2 fish that where in there for a year. Redid tank and am adding new fish now. I will give them time to acclimate to their new home

Back
Top Bottom