Bloat or pregnant?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JC_Bus

Aquarium Advice Freak
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427915525.988770.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427915574.862595.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427915596.341138.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427915614.633527.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427915642.330024.jpg

Hello I was just wondering if is she pregnant or bloated. I posted something about 3 weeks ago asking if is she pregnant but nothing has happened. Could she be pregnant and just not ready yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Following...

I'm in the same boat. Mine has appeared gravid for a month now and no fry.

36g semi-aggressive
20g community
5.5g betta/ghost shrimp
3g betta
2g fry

Bloating wouldn't last 3 weeks. I know a guppy(also a livebearer) can have a pregnancy period anywhere from 18-50 days. She is probably very close to dropping I would keep an eye On her.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

She has been like this for about 35 days. This is going to be her first time having babies my guppy gave birth after about 5 weeks so idk if it's a guppy thing or a livebearer thing

ive had fish drop babies without me knowing and still look just as big after wards.

So she could have already dropped the fry?

First time possibly can be longer. I had a first time Molly that went weeks over a month. Fish looks otherwise fine to me, can't see any pineconing of scales.

agree 100% with this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bad advice

I've never seen a live bearer not look significantly smaller after giving birth. She's still holding just give it time.
well i'm not sure if she ever drooped. she was big and gravid, i heard from a source that she can stage her births, like give birth and have some fry half developed at the same time.

then why would you make your first statement of "ive had fish drop babies without me knowing and still look just as big after wards."
and then this "well i'm not sure if she ever drooped. she was big and gravid, i heard from a source that she can stage her births, like give birth and have some fry half developed at the same time."

I'm sorry but that is contradiction, and doing this sort of thing will get you torn into pieces in pretty much any topic :whistle:

then why would you make your first statement of "ive had fish drop babies without me knowing and still look just as big after wards."
and then this "well i'm not sure if she ever drooped. she was big and gravid, i heard from a source that she can stage her births, like give birth and have some fry half developed at the same time."

I'm sorry but that is contradiction, and doing this sort of thing will get you torn into pieces in pretty much any topic :whistle:

sorry should have been more specific, i had this huge female guppy in my tank for a year with males, and her belly never got small or i found babies and the male chased her all the time. and the only fry i could i found right after she had died, i only got one, and now i beleive that one fry's decedents gave birth and died and and not those fry are in my babies tank, along with those 3 little .

so the mom that i only gave birth to died
her babies gave birth and died
her babies gave birth and died
her babies gave birth and is alive
and her baby is 1 week old

usually with bloat when you view your fish from above you can see the scales puffing out from their body. it' pretty easy to tell when you know what to look for.

She was only on that container for the pictures. I'm sorry for responding late I'm in the process of moving. She still looks the same I put in some peas to see if it would help and it hasn't so I'm not sure

She's inside a 60 gallon tank with other male and female mollies and she's the female like this

Back
Top Bottom