Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-29-2018, 10:18 PM   #1
B-4
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Blood worms

I didnít want to highjack the Ram egg thread but Tom started talking about the benefit of using frozen blood worms to help with egg viability in breeding GBR. I have been using freeze dried ever since I read freeze dried had all the value of fresh live blood worms. Am I wrong? Are frozen better than freeze dried? My fish love freeze dried but donít want them presoaked. I give freeze dried bw at least 4 times a week and egg hatches are amazing. Very high percentage hatch and parents have been spawning every 12-16 days. Back to my question....... are frozen better than freeze dried? :

Old 03-29-2018, 10:27 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I think they have the same nutritional value .
It should be fish or fish keeper choice. If my fish don't eat the freeze dried then it floats around seemingly 'oily' and sticks to tank at surface of water .The frozen sits on bottom for easy removal .
I also use freeze dried Black worms but not with any regularity that I could make any claims on them. All my fish tear them up and younger fish do extremely well on freeze dried especially if trained to the cube on glass IMO.

^^These are my weekly sales^^ GOT RAMS ???
coralbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 10:43 PM   #3
B-4
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Got it thanks. I didnít like the mess in the tank of presoaking blood worms and my fish werenít impressed either but with the dry freeze dried blood worms, it is like a shark attack with no mess at all.

Tags
blood, worm, worms

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com