blue gouramis breeding issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corylover

Aquarium Advice Freak
all right lets start this thing out 3 weeks ago. my lfs gave me for free a pair of blue gouramis to breed with a 10g tank. and I set everything up
and I got wrigglers but then they started to disappear. then the female tore the male up so he died. he never showed much aggression to her. but a week before he died I had them separated since the female was chasing him. then I woke to him torn up and he lasted only 4 days after. so I got a new male and introduced them but she showed aggression so I separated them for a week and then reintroduced them in a 40g. well they decided to lay eggs 3 days ago and I don't think they are good at all. but I grabbed as many as I can and I put them in a 10g tank that has a lot of moss in it and still nothing has shown up and I think its cause the male has never spawned before. I also left the pair in the 40g should I separate them again since the male is chasing her and he has his breeding colors on but she doesn't. please I'm a cory breeder and not use to having aggressive fish. XD.

Back
Top Bottom