Blue ram behaviour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bcutajar

Aquarium Advice Regular
So in the past hour i notice my pair of blue rams especially the male undergoing this behaviour of digging a hole i assume a nest. My question is, is this breeding behaviour and if it is should i put a little rock for them to breed on so i can remove it and put it in a breeding net afterwards. I have 7 discus in the tank + 20 cardinal tetras and 6 corydora sterbai which im sure someone will eat the eggs if the parents dont. What should i do any info will help? Also i have a spare tank but not sure if that will help

image-3810177552.jpg

Rams are very protective parents so you probably don't have anything to worry about

Dismorning the hole was gone but just now they have began to dig it again anyone have ideas of whats going on

They're probably preparing to breed it may take them a couple times to do it successfully. I think there's some videos on you tube of them actually spawning I'd watch some of those & see if your getting the same behaviors.

My red zebra dug a hole then stayed in it for days then she died.....I was so sad. What happened?

ForumRunner_20130608_110301.jpg

Back
Top Bottom