Bolivians layed eggs.... New pics 7/10/07

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You'd better have a LOT of little Bolivians for me if you think I can afford that LOL.

They are still with the babies. Can't quite tell if any are free-swimming yet, as they are well covered in the back. But here's a couple pics to give you an idea of how well dug in they are.....

75g660.jpg

75g661.jpg

75g662.jpg

Update:

I thought that by now, the babies would be gone. But I took another peek, and guess what? They are still dug in deep, and impossible to get a pic, but there's a bunch of free-swimmers. And mom and dad are being very good mom and dad. (y)

WHOO! grats on the fry! It's almost like being a grandpa lol!!

Lookin for more updates on them though... CONGRATS AGAIN!!!

FWaddict said:
WHOO! grats on the fry! It's almost like being a grandpa lol!!

Lookin for more updates on them though... CONGRATS AGAIN!!!

What I'm really looking to do is get some pics. But they are so far in the back, can't get a good camera angle. Wish I had an underwater webcam to get pics,lol.

Well, looks like no more babies. The parents are now wandering around. Hopefully some made it into the thick ground cover and will pop up later, a little bigger. We'll see....

You think they got eaten? Or they just had instincts and went for cover? lets hope is the second one!!

I'm hoping some went for cover, as the ground cover is pretty thick. If they spawn again, and I get fry, I might use a turkey baster and suck some up and place them in the thickest area of the tank. ;)

Just an update. I've had 2 more spawns since the last one I posted, and now a 3rd. The cave is peppered with eggs again, lol.

Congrats again LWB. I can't get any decent pics of my bolivian fry and they are 2 months old now. If you figure out how when the new batch is swimming let me know how you did it!

I know, I finally got one half decent pic, when they aren't at the back they are racing around chasing each other. Such children LOL. I figure you stand a better chance than I do at getting a good pic. Mine are really starting to look like baby bolivians. Out of about 30 or so fry, 12 survived.

They're beautiful, I kept them in the tank with the parents only. I think the filter got more than a few of them. Your bolivians look like GBR's LOL they have such gorgeous colors.

Zagz said:
They're beautiful, I kept them in the tank with the parents only. I think the filter got more than a few of them. Your bolivians look like GBR's LOL they have such gorgeous colors.

How in the world did you teach them not to eat the eggs or fry? hehe....

Guess what? Pair #2 layed eggs. Now I have eggs starting to hatch to wigglers on the first pair, and a new batch of eggs with the second pair, lol.

Back
Top Bottom