Box Shaped Guppy Belly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mine are 4 days old now.. What are you feeding yours on ??
I am just feeding them very finely crushed fish flakes, the same food as my adult fish. But I like super duper crush them and feed them only like 1/3 of a pinch. :) what are you feeding them?

And thanks guys Im like obsessed with them I cant stop looking at them lol :lol:

How far along do you think my guppy, Pandora, is? How much longer does she have and when should I move her? I bought her pregnant so I have no clue. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393904156.038791.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393904169.343435.jpg

I feed mine on a culture of micro worms .. Crushed flakes.. Some baby brine shrimp and some liquifry.. Just giving them a little variety

i personally have found that females drop faster, and easier when left in the main tank with lights off... they go to a hidden corner and drop usually. i then scoop out any babies i can find the next morning and put them in the breeder trap to keep them safe. the stress of being in a tiny box, not to mention being chased and caught with a net, can make a female either hold her fry(had a female hold fry for 3 days and drop as soon as i let her out of the breeder) or abort and reabsorb them. ur better off to just have lots of plants and hiding spots for fry. i actually expecting a female to drop tonight! good luck all!

i personally have found that females drop faster, and easier when left in the main tank with lights off... they go to a hidden corner and drop usually. i then scoop out any babies i can find the next morning and put them in the breeder trap to keep them safe. the stress of being in a tiny box, not to mention being chased and caught with a net, can make a female either hold her fry(had a female hold fry for 3 days and drop as soon as i let her out of the breeder) or abort and reabsorb them. ur better off to just have lots of plants and hiding spots for fry. i actually expecting a female to drop tonight! good luck all!
Yup all you said is correct! I found my guppy fry hidden in the gravel! Goodluck to u 2

When my female guppy gave birth to fry, catching them with a little container was easy because you are able to see if you have the fry in it or no.

Back
Top Bottom