Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-22-2014, 09:56 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Breeder Tank/Net For Ghost Shrimp?

Hello everyone! I was wondering if anyone has had any experience breeding ghost shrimp (allowing the females to release their hatchlings, rather) in a breeder tank or net such as this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...A16EQQFLPSKFJZ

I'm wondering if it'd be a good idea to get one as I seem to have 3 pregnant shrimp and would love to keep the babies if at all possible.

Thanks in advance!

Old 03-22-2014, 10:54 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

Tank of the Month Award

I have never bred ghost shrimp but from what I understand the larvae have a planktonic stage. The breeder in the link uses slots to allow for water circulation. IMO this will not contain the larvae. You probably would have better luck with a net breeder. Good luck with this and post your updates/progress.

Old 03-23-2014, 12:08 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

Thanks for the advice! Do you have any recommendations for a net breeder by chance?
Old 03-23-2014, 02:01 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by starscaper711 View Post
Thanks for the advice! Do you have any recommendations for a net breeder by chance?

I can't actually. Have not purchased one of those in a very, very long time. Some downsides from what I recall is that you cannot see into it as clearly as you would with one made out of acrylic and algae might grow on it.

Tags
breed, breeder, breeder tank, ghost, ghost shrimp, rim, shrimp, tan, tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com