Breeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tinyninjafishy

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey everybody, so I just bought 3 15g tanks and going to be buying atleast 1 55g soon and was wondering what I could breed in the 15gs? Thanks!

Wow! Thats a great number of tanks to work with! First of all go to your Lfs and find out what's in demand, then from there read up on the fishes requirements, how to breed etc. You might be able to sell online and stuff.

Haha yeah. I got them for way cheap to (IMO). I also have a 20g and a 10g haha

nice work. what to breed really depends on if your looking to make money or ar just doing it for fun.
on the cash side of things there are very few fish that most shops will buy but i think u just cant go wrong breeding bristlenose, i know shops in my area will buys them and they normaly hate buying local...but i would also advitise on websites for a doller or two more then the shops will give u as well.
on the fun side well thats a matter of oppinion really im trying kribs at the moment but when i get more space (and tanks...and rooms in my house) i wanna try oscars,.
good luck keep us posted

tinyninjafishy said:
Haha yeah. I got them for way cheap to (IMO). I also have a 20g and a 10g haha

Where you get these tanks for so cheap?

Will bristlenose breed in 15s?? Also my lfs is moving and getting all new tanks do they are selling them, I got each 15 for $10. My other two tanks I already had. And the idea of listing the fish I love is a great idea. I will keep y'all updated. Thank you for the info!

I am thinking of having red cherry shrimp in one of my 15g. Is there any fish at all that would breed in the tank also, without eating the shrimp?

Yeah it would be. So I would have 2 bn pleco and hopefully a community of red cherry shrimp that will grow very quickly! Does that sound fine?

I think your shrimp are going to blow up and be too much for the tank. As well as scavenge all of the food when you try to feed the Plecos

Back
Top Bottom