breeding angels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
how long till you think the 2 other small angels will breed (they were in the video)?
do you have any advice?

do you think they could ever breed? would they try in there current tank?

do you think they could ever breed? would they try in there current tank?

There's no way to answer this question definitively. They might, they might not. All I can say is that your setup does not appear to be condusive for the fish to spawn successfully. That doesn't mean they won't try, it just means success will be questionable. Proper housing, set ups, water parameters, food and tankmates, etc have all been discussed in the Wigglers at last!!! thread. It will really help you to read it. (y)

ive read thru both wigglers at last and wigglers 2, i have a friend with 2 angels in a community tank they keep breeding and then eating the eggs, could it be the other fish making them nervous?

ive read thru both wigglers at last and wigglers 2, i have a friend with 2 angels in a community tank they keep breeding and then eating the eggs, could it be the other fish making them nervous?
That's one possibility. Where the tank is in relationship to the traffic pattern in the house could be one as well. Not all Angels are good parents. That too could be the issue for your friend. What one needs to do is eliminate as many potential issues to narrow down the possibilities. (y)

cool hes a teacher at a school i have relations with, and has been trying to breed them for a while his female was laying eggs without a male so he got a male i think ones black and ones gold and one has lace fins, but id like to see him breed them because he will give some to me or for really cheep since ive helped him a bunch

yessssss!!!!!!:dance::D:dance::D, theve paird up, im realy glad the i have been wored for the female that id have to move her but they have paird up, its funny the female can't get close enoughf to the male, even after all that bullying,:blink::blink::huh: every thime he move 4 inches away she move closer to hime, like 1/2 inch they are funny, the male ient chasing her, which is good, they have been working together to chase all the fish in the area away, ecsept they corys and pleco, they just stare at them very observantly,:lol::lol:
and they chase away the little angels the most. which i take as a good sign, but i'm afraid i may have missed the spawning because they arnt as close to each other and the female doesn't look as big :(, but that's OK i didn't have food for the fry anyway.

yessssss!!!!!!:dance::D:dance::D, theve paird up, im realy glad the i have been wored for the female that id have to move her but they have paird up, its funny the female can't get close enoughf to the male, even after all that bullying,:blink::blink::huh: every thime he move 4 inches away she move closer to hime, like 1/2 inch they are funny, the male ient chasing her, which is good, they have been working together to chase all the fish in the area away, ecsept they corys and pleco, they just stare at them very observantly,:lol::lol:
and they chase away the little angels the most. which i take as a good sign, but i'm afraid i may have missed the spawning because they arnt as close to each other and the female doesn't look as big :(, but that's OK i didn't have food for the fry anyway.

This is why spawns in community tanks have low success rates. The parents are too busy chasing the other fish away and very easily lose the spawns to the fish that take advantage of their absence. :(

i'm going to try to put them in there own tank or put a divider in the tank.

all is still good they are still near each other and i moved in a piece of slate

well, the surprise pair, Unpaired now the male is being territorial towards the female once again. so sad, i had hopes up for them, will they pair up, is this normal, is it a bump in the road?

well, the surprise pair, Unpaired now the male is being territorial towards the female once again. so sad, i had hopes up for them, will they pair up, is this normal, is it a bump in the road?

Read my posts ( Wigglers 2: birth of a hatchery) about my 1/2 black & Zebra Lace pair. Sounds like you may have the same situation. :blink:

Back
Top Bottom