Breeding Beginer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Heiko

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys,

Im new to the wonderful world of fish keeping. I have had my tank for a while now tho and am starting to want a new challenge.

So i thought id give breeding them a go. Theres just one problem im a complete noob at this stuff and just want to learn as i go. :D

The fish ive got in my aquarium are green tiger barbs, leapord danois and 3 angel fish. I thought id try breeding the tigers but agen i dont have a clue what to do or even if there appropriate. :oops:

well if you want to start breeding the easiest kind of fish you can start wil be livebearers like the Molly and Platy but its up to you

cool, im in the process of trying to cut down the number of fish in my tank at the moment after some advise from other AA users.

Hopefully i can get hold of another smaller tank and sort out my babies. I really want to get into this and make it work.

Thanks red

ye thnx,

i was wondering if swordtails would be as easy as mollies or platies to breed?

They are all livebearer's so yes, very easy to breed. Just need the fish and they will take care of the rest themselves. If you need information on sexing, the male will have a elongated anal fin (gonopodium).

Good luck!

LOL,

Yes i kno the difference :lol: Atleast i think i do LOL (that was a joke btw)

Thanks anyway

Back
Top Bottom