Breeding behavior???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Swordtaillover

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have 2 bronze cories that keep on almost 'eating' at each other. One is smaller than the other. It is like when they eat algae but on each other. Is this cory mating behavior?

Swordtaillover said:
I have 2 bronze cories that keep on almost 'eating' at each other. One is smaller than the other. It is like when they eat algae but on each other. Is this cory mating behavior?

Not so far as I know

hi

the male cory swims towards the side of the female forming a "T" then the female holds the eggs between her pec fins and deposits them on a flat surface like the sides of your tank or under the leaves of a broad leaf plant spawning can usually be initiated by doing a water change or a drop of temperature of 6 degrees or more the last time my corys mated i counted 58 plus eggs which i very easily took from the tank with my fingers as they are very sticky and deposited them into a breeding net for a week the eggs then hatched and a i had more corys then i knew what to do with one more thing the female will lay eggs even if there is no male to fertilize them if this happens the eggs will become fuzzy with a fungus on the outside of them if this happens you might need to get a few more to mate them i hope this information helps

Back
Top Bottom