Breeding Betta Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sachiel

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everybody! I'm making a list of things I'll need to breed my betta. I figured I'd buy a female and spawn them, and sell the fry. I was wondering if you could all make a list for me? I've got some things like 20-30 gal grow out tanks, and brine shrimp and everything, but I just want to make sure I'll get everything down to the dot. I know not all of the fry will live, but I want to be prepared. I have done research on how to properly spawn for the sake of the fish, and know to introduce them, to watch, when to remove them, the temperatures, the signs of stress and aggression versus flirting and everything. I'm just checking, double checking, triple checking and quadruple checking. I've been using my study hall time to study, and will continue to study until summer when I can care for the fish efficiently.

I've hit up about 30 to 40 websites, I've asked questions, I'm taking notes and everything. I'm searching the products, I'm making polls to see how many would buy to see how common they are in my area to make sure they all go to good homes, I'm making sure my guy is happy before even thinking about buying a female. I know I'm going to have at least 6 tanks in my home, about 4 in my room, one in the entrance way, plus all of the places for the males and everything. I know it's going to cost about or over 100 bucks, and I'm willing to pay that much. once I have everything I know it'll be cheaper since I'll already have the supplies.

Anyone else have any pointers or advice? I'm cramming my brain with everything I can know.

Thanks in advance!

Back
Top Bottom