Breeding Betta's !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I feel so bad leAving them in the tank together while I'm at school I hope I don't miss it!

How high did you fill water ? If you fill it like 6 inches it will be easier for the male to grab eggs and keep them in the bubble nest , and yea that would be a bummer if you missed it while at school . Another thing is you should not shut your lights off during the process of having the male in there :)

I stayed up till like 4 am watching different ways people breed them lol

So I'm going to go and get a divider and stryofoam cups . :) and on another not My half moon is messier then my vietail lol but he creates bigger and more elaborate nest so far , but my vietail is more "tame" he will come right up to my finger and brush across it .

So I'm going to go and get a divider and stryofoam cups . :) and on another not My half moon is messier then my vietail lol but he creates bigger and more elaborate nest so far , but my vietail is more "tame" he will come right up to my finger and brush across it .

Awww! How cute!

Ugh I'm so mad! My mom had Dish people come into our house today and they moved my breeding tank and it destroyed my males bubble nest! Poor guy has to start all over again

I went up stairs and I saw him wrap her multip times!!!!!!!! No eggs yet and she swam away hopefully they get it right!!

So here was my project for today :) , I went too the store and bought some crafting canvas I cut to proper dimensions and bought suction cups too hold it too the sides of the inside I the tank and used fishing line I had too tie the suction cups too the canvas end result is this ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390871301.546670.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390871331.653859.jpg , I made a Divider as I'm going to attempt two breeds at once soon . And also went it some styrofoam cups as a substitute until my catappa leaves come in , I just cut them in half and will tape the too the side of the inside of the tank . And know this is what one table looks like :) ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390871622.447615.jpg male Betta's in bowls and being fed high nutrition foods as well I'm feeding my females the same . Once I feel they are in best health I will condition them by putting the female in a small glass vase , then putting her in the tank with a male for a day or two till she gets vertical lines and bright egg spot. Then it's time too let them go ;) and do there thing , after they are done I will remove females , then 1 day or so I will remove male when fry become free swimming . All that's left too do after that will be too raise them and separate males when they are distinguishable .

Did the male put them in the bubble nest ?

I can't wait till I can get them too breed , I'm just trying too prepare and do the best I can , so I do it right the first . :)

Yes ik it was so hard to be patient but that makes it even more rewarding then seeing him in his natural habitat doing what he's bred to do and pick up the little unhatched fry is just breathtaking

:) Do you have a Mirror too look and make sure eggs are in the bubble nest ?

Back
Top Bottom