Breeding Betta's !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am finding this so intriging i love these guys we had a orange crowntail and he was great but unfortuneately i fed him ome morning and he was all happen and i went back an hour later and he had died i was quite devastated and cant wait to get another one

Sent from my LG-E460f using Aquarium Advice mobile app

So I woke up this morning the bubble nest is huge but doesn't look like any eggs are I there , the female had vertical stripes and white egg spot is showing . Is it possible the male doesn't know what to do or that the female is simply just not interested ? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391175426.244711.jpg is the whole size of the cup . So he has been extremely busy , so far he is doing everything right . But trying to court her , building I big nest . But she is being difficult . I released her last night at about 9:30 pm and now it 9:30 am the and I watched them for about 3 hrs when I first released the female to make sure he doesn't kill her . There was aggression but not serious . So a little stumped . So I'm thinking on taking her out and conditioning again or trying a different male , and or going to get maybe a older female . Hmm

So I woke up this morning the bubble nest is huge but doesn't look like any eggs are I there , the female had vertical stripes and white egg spot is showing . Is it possible the male doesn't know what to do or that the female is simply just not interested ? View attachment 219843 is the whole size of the cup . So he has been extremely busy , so far he is doing everything right . But trying to court her , building I big nest . But she is being difficult . I released her last night at about 9:30 pm and now it 9:30 am the and I watched them for about 3 hrs when I first released the female to make sure he doesn't kill her . There was aggression but not serious . So a little stumped . So I'm thinking on taking her out and conditioning again or trying a different male , and or going to get maybe a older female . Hmm

Takes a loonnnggg time leave her in there

Nice Beautiful. Ryan did you every have any luck, or are you giving your bettas a little break and then trying again?

I have just started the same female , but with a different male hope this works lol last I really think the female was not interested . But so fat she is curious of the new male and nest , she goes to check it out and also not acting the same as she was with female . She isn't as afraid this time I think .

So I have decided to try 2 females 1 male at the same time too displace aggression , I'm see what happens and keep close watch .

Back
Top Bottom