Breeding Bettas.....Horizontal stripes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GuppyAquatail109

Aquarium Advice Regular
So recently I am trying to breed bettas,but I don't think its working well.I heard if a female is ready to breed,they will have vertical stripes,but instead she has horizontal stripes.Am I doing something wrong?I seperated her from the male so she can relieve stress.How can I make them "Ready" to breed?

Sorry for the horrible pics.

Attachments

• 2013-05-28 21-30-12.649.jpg
    2013-05-28 21-30-12.649.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 69
  • 2013-05-28 21-30-17.019.jpg
    2013-05-28 21-30-17.019.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 67
  • 2013-05-28 21-30-41.157.jpg
    2013-05-28 21-30-41.157.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 44
you need to condition the pair first, wait till the female bloated with eggs.. Feed them live foods..

Horizontal bars on females usually means they are not mature enough to breed. Breeding stripes are vertical. ( You can see a sample of this in my albums section in my bio.)
As to conditioning, it means to prepare the fish for breeding. This is usually done by adding higher protein foods to their diet for about a week or so. You should see a white dot by the female's vent when she is ready to breed. (That's the first egg.)
If your female doesn't show this, she's not ready to breed.

Hope this helps

Horizontal bars on females usually means they are not mature enough to breed. Breeding stripes are vertical. ( You can see a sample of this in my albums section in my bio.)
As to conditioning, it means to prepare the fish for breeding. This is usually done by adding higher protein foods to their diet for about a week or so. You should see a white dot by the female's vent when she is ready to breed. (That's the first egg.)
If your female doesn't show this, she's not ready to breed.

Hope this helps

Thank you!My female shows the white thing on her vent.It just has horizontal bars.Guess I have to wait a few more weeks.

yeah, it will take weeks..
In my breeding experience, I let the male and female see each other a couple of minutes every day..

Back
Top Bottom