Breeding Blue Acara

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

emerald76

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi!

I'd like to breed blue Acara in my fishroom. I've no clue how and am researching as much as I can. Please someone hand me some advice! I'm not set on blue Acara, if it turns out they are difficult to breed. I will take suggestions for other colorful SA cichlids(no dwarfs please).
Thanks!

Breeding most South American cichlids is fairly easy, generally the hard part is finding a suitable pair. I'd start with 7-10 juvenile fish(different strains is best) then as they start to pair off remove the other fish. Once a pair is formed they may take a time or two to get the process down while eating eggs and so forth but there is no secret.

Breeding most South American cichlids is fairly easy, generally the hard part is finding a suitable pair. I'd start with 7-10 juvenile fish(different strains is best) then as they start to pair off remove the other fish. Once a pair is formed they may take a time or two to get the process down while eating eggs and so forth but there is no secret.

Thank you!!

Good luck it's a cool genus with many other choices, my favorite is Aequidens Patricki.

That is a stunning fish! Now I'll never be ale to choose! Do you sell the fish that you raise?

Yes. I use Craigslist, a local fish store, and our local clubs website and swap meets. I do very well since most of my cichlids I sell are rare first generation fish(the majority of my stock is wild caught). That's the key here locally especially since rift lake cichlids are all the rage, I must offer something unique. I've got one species of cryptoheros septemfasciatus which I'm only one of three people in the states who has wild caught fish from this collection point, they're swimming gold!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom