Breeding Corydoras Sterbai

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shrimp fan

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Set-up a breeding tank yesterday to breed my corries. Been looking around the web for tips/strategies that have worked for people. I am just wondering if any of you guys have breed them, and what worked for you?

I have four large adults which I think are at least 2 pair (fingers crossed) but I wont be certain until they are condition.

Well I had a Sterbai and a Schwartzi breed, they bred like the clappers in my 48 gallon. The temperature was about 24/25 degrees C (75/77 F) In a tank full of other fish, Gouramis, Plecos. I've read that it helps to put ice cubes in or else when you do a water change you should put the temperature slightly lower than the tanks temperature, these help to simulate rainfall. The corys lay their eggs on the glass, plant leaves and your filter stems. I enjoyed watching my female search for a good place to stick her eggs onto. Also if you only even have Corys in the tank it's best to remove the eggs or the fish as Corys even eat the eggs along with other fish. Once the eggs harden you should be able to carefully remove them with a razor blade. Beware if the eggs do not have a air stone etc they can get fungus.

Back
Top Bottom