Breeding Discus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steven A

Aquarium Advice Addict
I plan on having 4 discus (small) and then 6 lemon tetras am I likely to get a pair of discus from this and would they spawn in this tank with the other fish.
What are the signs of Discus pairing off.

Can people also leave photos of how a discus tank should look. And what is needed in it.

Thank you :lol: :lol:

Well Steven, if your discus reach adult the statistics speak for themselves about males to females. The signs that discus pair off is aggression towards their tanksmates and in choosing and defending a spawning site. It's quite aparent when it happens. The discus will usually be at least 18 months old.

My breeding tanks are barren of anything except heaters, sponge filters and breeding cones. Here are a few pics. Although spawns have occured in my community planted tanks, hatches never took place. I think the discus sense the danger and it stimulates them to eat the eggs.

Attachments

• 12_days_old_553.jpg
    12_days_old_553.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 90
  • us_open_013_206.jpg
    us_open_013_206.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 104
  • white_dragon_may_18a_009_146.jpg
    white_dragon_may_18a_009_146.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 83
i dont want to be mean and yet this is off topic

this thread should be moved to Freshwater Tanks- Breeding

thanks for listening advisors

Does any one also have any images of tank set-ups please send them via email or simply add me on msn. :lol: Please view my website for images and tell me what you think.

Back
Top Bottom