Breeding harlequin rasbora

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Red balloon platy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Have been trying to breed harlequin rasbora for months now without success. Have 3 females and 2 males I think. Just any tips for success.

Just saying in general, it's quite hard to breed these guys. If U really want to breed fish, go with livebearers. ( guppies, mollies, swordtails,endlers, etc)

Have been trying to breed harlequin rasbora for months now without success. Have 3 females and 2 males I think. Just any tips for success.

Providing that you actually have males and females, the key ingredients to breeding these are: Temp, hardness, PH. If any of these are not right, they don't usually breed.
Please give us these parameters of your tank. (y)

Water changes can also help stimulate breeding.

Plus condition them with live or frozen foods. Black worms, blood worms, brine shrimp.

When mine were moved into a tank with live plants, mine bred after every water change it seemed like. I didn't try to save the eggs, so didn't hatch any , but cool to see the breeding behaviors.

I have upped temp and do regular water changes. I'm not sure of ph. what should it be? I have broad leaf plants in.

I will do some water changes and check ph.

Thanks. I really hope it works

Back
Top Bottom