Breeding Honey Gouramis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Roxane1232

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just added a female to my tank 2 days ago, and I am attempting to breed my pair of Honey Gouramis. My male is definetly interested, but my female shows some but mostly tries to avoid him. How long does it take until they pair up?

He may be interested but she may not be ready to spawn. Just make sure you are giving her good higher protein foods and plenty of hiding places in the spawning tank for her to find safety.
If you are doing all these already, try doing a partial water change to see if that inspires them and if that doesn't work within a few days, try separating them again and redo the pre spawning conditioning. (y)

I have switched their flakes to omega one and have been also doing shrimp pellets, once a week I give my whole tank frozen blood worms, I have lots of hornworts, lilies, crypt and amazon swords along with caves. I will definetly do a partial change after I give them their blood worms, my water temps are set at 75.

I think I have your problem. ;) That temp is too cold for breeding. Slowly bring the temp up to about 80-82 degrees. Once you are at that temp, a water change may help inspire spawning if the temp alone doesn't. (y)

Back
Top Bottom