breeding less common guppy strains

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tons of plant cover. That is key to success in my opinion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yes! They actually came 1 day early. (Post office text updates don't work). So far so good. No DOA but both bags were starting to leak so it's a good thing they were a day early.

Any body on this thread actually maintain a strain?? I heard it takes a minimum of four tanks to keep one going on. I'm going to use my display tank for the breeders... I'm thinking maybe a 5 g for females, 5g for the males, and maybe a 10g grow out tank for the fry??? I wanna make a really cool snakeskin strain... Trouble is... No snakeskin a yet!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I've got a good snakeskin strain going, I actually just won grand champion in the 4-H fair for my breeding pair of them, i just have them all in my main 20T and they are just filling it up

Sent via echolocation

Just bought some black Thai guppies. I added 3 tanks to my fish area last night. Adding 2 to 3 more today. I'm ready to rock! !

I have been looking at those black Thais myself, but I haven't had the money for em lol

Well I was in an accident 5 years ago and it just settled so I came into some money and I'm investing some into my fish hobby. Trying to make it a small biz so that the fish pay for themselves. Probably a pipe dream but gives me something to do and a stress release. My parents are both disabled in some way so I have to help them and I'm finishing my master's degree so I have a decent bit of stress. Lol!

I've got a good snakeskin strain going, I actually just won grand champion in the 4-H fair for my breeding pair of them, i just have them all in my main 20T and they are just filling it up

Sent via echolocation

That's awesome! Congrats! Pic for us?

See my build thread for pics of the fish I'm trying to breed.

I now have half black yellows and black moscows and full reds.

You know what are some sweet lookin strains???
The Japanese blue twin swords, and the blue nebula steels! They are friggin gorgeous
I've tried to keep my eyes out for the twin sword on aquabid but I haven't seen any of decent quality

They are nice fish. I'm stuck on delta tails for whatever reason. Just personal preference. I can appreciate the others though.

You know what are some sweet lookin strains???
The Japanese blue twin swords, and the blue nebula steels! They are friggin gorgeous
I've tried to keep my eyes out for the twin sword on aquabid but I haven't seen any of decent quality

I believe there is a pair of twin swords on there right now

Has anyone heard of black Thai guppies? They look to my untrained eye to be the same as black moscows.

Pics of my HB yellows and black moscows. I found out black Thai is a black Moscow strain imported from Thailand. Lol

Attachments

• 1441545647477.jpg
    1441545647477.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 60
  • 1441545663886.jpg
    1441545663886.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 54
Back
Top Bottom