Breeding like Crazy!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What do you do with fish you don't want?

• Flush them

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing - The more the merrier

• Feed them to other pets

• Give them to the pet store

• Give them to friends

• Total voters

nicsdragon

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have mickey mouse and blue molly's and they are breeding like crazy! I have a 90 gallon tank and there are tons of fry in the tank. Some are even a hybrid of the two. This is all great but they are starting to take over. What should I do? The tetra's are being run out of their own tank. haha I've been feeding some to my catfish but they just keep coming! Any suggestions?

Unfortunately that is what mollies do. You will either have to separate them into another tank and then take them to the lfs, or separate them with a divider to keep them from breeding if you dont have another tank. Either that or your catfish will have to keep feeding on them and will get fat. :)

You should raise them and take them to your lfs.
Hybrids are best fed to your other fish, the fish that are sold in stores should be pure strains.......well, at least sortof, all variations are offcourse produced through selective in/cross-breeding.

Deformed ones or those that don't match your breeding goal (bodyform, swimming behavior, not enough color, etc) can be fed to bigger fish, too.

my boyfriend has an oscar, and i have some nasty ADFs that like to eat fry that are unexpected or unwanted.

So what kinds of fish are their natural predators? I had to put my catfish in another tank because he was eating ALL of my fish. Can anyone go into the main tank without feasting on Everyone?!

i voted feed them to your other fish becuas i plan on raising guppy fry for when my angels get bigger :lol: But you can also give them to friends, and the local fish store may buy some back from you. Or you may just have to GIVE them to the local fish store.

thanks

I think I will just have to feed the catfish with them. My catfish is so weird. He never moves AT ALL! He just is fat and sits under a log! :D

Back
Top Bottom