Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-12-2017, 01:00 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Breeding mop & water flow?

Hello-

I'm still a bit of a newb, and brand new to breeding. I've set up a 10g tank to hatch and grow the fry, and I've made a breeding mop. Also just converted filtration on my 55g planted freshwater tank to a magnum c360.

The fish seem to love the new water flow, but my breeding mop was being moved all over the tank from the flow, which was kinda freaking out the fish, so I removed the mop.

I'm considering moving the mop to the 10g tank, and moving a male and female into that tank. I'm hesitant to move them though, since the tank has never had any habitants, plus I'm fearful of the added stress of moving the fish, and moving them back.

Alternately I could just try to tether the breeding mop with a weight?

If anyone has any input, I'd appreciate it. I'm still searching through threads and videos

Old 02-18-2017, 08:23 AM   #2
AA Member
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Just out of interest as I don't use breeding mops but wondered if you sorted this out?

Old 02-18-2017, 06:06 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

It's going to depend on the type of fish you are talking about breeding whether the mop is even necessary. Not all fish breed in them or like moving water for breeding. A few more specifics please.

Tags
boesemani rainbowfish, breed, breeding, flow, mop, turquoise rainbowfish, water, water flow

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com