Breeding newbie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jlow115

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys I was interested in getting into breeding fish. What's an approximate age for a fish you want to start breeding?

Oh really well what do you think the best and easiest fish to start with breeding the one with the least amount of difficulty for a starter

Livebearers!!!

They will breed of u have a male and female

Or is u get just females one might turn into a male to keep the process along

U might often buy a livebearer Prego so be ready for fry!

Livebearers include

Mollies
Guppies
Platys
Swordtails
And endlers

Most of which are a few bucks a piece and are common, small , and quick breeding

See the link I my signature for more info!

Oh alright what do you think about tiger barbs and what supplies u suggest I have to do this

I haven't breed tiger barbs before

All you would need is 1 male for every 2-3 females so he Dosent stress her out

Lots of hiding spaces for the fry I use java moss

If you want to use a breeder box or trap I'd say no because it can stress out the female an Kill the babies

O really so what shoul I breed them if you think breeding tanks are a stressful thing in a regular tank?

Do you mean the breeders box? Like the one that floats in the original tank ? I only use them for fry then I move them to another tank for raising . The other tank is optimal you can always just put a lot of Judy holes for the fry and do it the natural way

Yea so that's the best thing to use cause I want to try it out just don't want to do it and it be to hard for me is why I'm asking what's the easiest fish to breed

Any of the ones I listed already

Really Ii wouldn't reccomend a breeders box just too much stress

I agree with bubbles! Livebearers are pretty easy. 3 way breeder boxes aren't really stressful for 1 fish IMO for a couple hours though.

I mean the boxes aren't bad just undersized for the fish it says it can hold. I have a 3 way breeder and I only ever use it for fry until I move them to there grow out tank

Back
Top Bottom