Breeding OEBTs/CRS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trail_Mix

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey, I was wondering if a 10g planted tank would be enough to successfully breed OEBTs. I heard CRS breed best in 20g tanks, but I have also heard of people breeding them in 5g tanks. What is an ideal or minimum size to breed these shrimp?

Trail_Mix said:
Hey, I was wondering if a 10g planted tank would be enough to successfully breed OEBTs. I heard CRS breed best in 20g tanks, but I have also heard of people breeding them in 5g tanks. What is an ideal or minimum size to breed these shrimp?

10g will be sufficient! Shrimp isnt as picky when it comes to tank size! Just as long as their requirements are met! What is OEBTs? Haha

orange eye blue tigers. They interbreed with crs of course so you wouldn't want to mix the two.

I prefer using larger tanks since they are much more stable, but it can be done in small tanks just as well.

Basically I have a 10g long and a 20g long tank I'm trying to set up to breed these shrimp. I was thinking CRS in the 20g and OEBT in the 10g, but I haven't completely made up my mind yet. So do you guys think 10g would be sufficient?

a 10g can work, just make sure it's well established and very well planted. Fluctuations in water parameters are more pronounced in smaller volumes of water, so that's the main thing to focus on avoiding.

Back
Top Bottom