Breeding pair of Creamsicle Lyretail Mollys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

00youknowit00

Aquarium Advice Addict
Okay, so long story short, my mollys are giving birth, like as we speak:p never had fry before, I'm saving them in a glass right now, I'm getting a breeding net tomorrow. There's 11 so far, I don't think she's done:)

Anything y'all can tell me about raising fry would be great! I know nothing about fry..

Thanks!!

first bites works, if you want to be creative you can just grind some flakes or pellets down to powder and use it also.

A breeding net (not the hard plastic box) is a good idea if you can't put them in a separate tank. They will be big enough to go back with the parents in a month or two.

Okay, so I now have a breeding net and hikari first bites. I fed them, they didn't seem like they know its there, they should figure it out eventually right?

Here it is:

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110817_114551.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110817_114551.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 113
  • ForumRunner_20110817_114628.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110817_114628.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 109
I always just keep my fry in the main tank where they're born. I don't want to be overrun with fry, so this helps me keep my numbers down and the smartest/strongest survive.

LyndaB said:
I always just keep my fry in the main tank where they're born. I don't want to be overrun with fry, so this helps me keep my numbers down and the smartest/strongest survive.

Well, with this being the first time I've had them, I want all of them to live:)

Don't blame you. Have fun with the little buggers...... it's amazing how strong their instinctual survival skills are. I watched mine immediately dive down for cover into the java moss. They would munch on the nutrients they found there and didn't come out until they knew they were too large to eat. ;)

Well a little update: 2 didn't make it, they looked like the "runts" of the group, much much smaller than the rest.. so down to 10 fry. They have grown A LOT, they seem huge now!! Lol even though they're still a little under a half inch, they seem like monsters!!

**edit** didn't mean to upload that pic, you can't even see anything.. haha

Attachments

• ForumRunnerImage.jpg
    ForumRunnerImage.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 80
Back
Top Bottom