Breeding Pearl White Mollys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

badams83

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey,
I have noticed that my pearl white female is really fat and moving her tail real fast and has to try very hard to go up to the top but she eats. Is this the breeing process or what happens before it. I got a breeding net to put her in hanging over the tank and all and the male seems to try to kiss the female in the net and all. What should i do. I dont want to keep the female in the net a long time if shes not going to breed. Any help would be appreciated.
Brandon

Hiya Brandon,

welcome to Aquarium Advice.

When it comes to livebearers like your molly she will probably spend most of her life pregnant if you have males in the tank as well. She will give birth on average every 4-6weeks.
If you have her in a breeding net you must remember to let her go when she gives birth, or she will eat all the young.
Please read all the treads that myriam gave you they will help, and keep asking questions even if you think they are silly. Everybody at Aquarium Advice is here to help you.

Good luck and have fun.

Back
Top Bottom