Breeding sharks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ralphie126

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am thinking of getting a second rainbow shark to breed....... How many eggs do they have at once?? Etc..... How long does it take...... Thanks

Everything I've read on them says they are extremely difficult to breed mostly because of their intolerance of each other. They get very territorial. They are egg scatterers. That's all I know. Hopefully someone else can help out more. Keep us updated if you try

i know youd need an immense tank(like 120 gallons for 2),because they are more intolerant of each other than male bettas guarding bubble nests 4 inches apart from each other. they are also egg scatterrers(as fdsh5 said) and wont take care of there egs.if i were to try to breed them,i would have a large tank(150 or so gallons),with a sand bottom(not that it really matters),with lots of decorations(primarily driftwood),and blackwater(i read it could make them healthier,even if it doesnt it looks cool). i woulod take the water down a couple inches and raise the temp for a month or 2,then raise the water level with cooler water and lower the temp.for best results a tank thats like 300+ gallons would be best

Back
Top Bottom