Breeding shrimps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Was to high I bought diluted water how much should I put it in, abit every week or all if it straight away ?

Was to high I bought diluted water how much should I put it in, abit every week or all if it straight away ?

How much to add is not an easy question to answer without GH results. You could replace a small amount (~ 10%) with DI water, retest, and see what the change is. Wait several days and repeat. You want to keep the changes gradual.

You mentioned the GH was high. How high? You may want to test the tap water as well. You might be better off not doing anything if the shrimp are thriving. I cannot recall if you've mentioned how many shrimp have died. If none, then I would worry too much; just keep up with regular maintenance.

Just some personal experience with them:
In a 4 month span, 10 of 15 shrimp from the LFS died in my 20 gallon tank. All after molting. GH and KH were normal (9 and 5) and decent water parameters (0/0/10 for Amm/trite/trate). I added some calcium via small chunks of cuttlebone, though I admit that I did not test for calcium ahead of time. The remaining 5 were stable for about 2 months. Recently added about 20 more (from another AA member) and a month later there are a couple dozen babies running around. I suspect that most if not all of the original ones I had were female. So chances of breeding may have been low to begin with. Adult males are generally smaller and less colorful than adult females. And when picking out ones from the store, its easy to get the larger more colorful ones. This is a shrimp only tank. 1 or 2 have died off over the last month. I've read that younger shrimp transport and acclimate better than adults.

Ok nice, i added DL yday, so I'm gona check no one has died yet just one I think my beta killed it I took it out n I have a shrimp city they doing well have to say,20 litre about 13 of them all sizes orange yello red spotty red and cherry red I'm gona breed them and give out some sell some, put some in my 100 litres so I can't wait !! What does moss plant do when squeezed ?

Back
Top Bottom