Breeding Tank!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Harris55g

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm using a 20g tank that sits on my bookcase. I got plants and breeding mop and some caves but what would b better to use sand, rocks, or marbles? This is my 1st time breeding. I'm breeding guppies.

Breeding Tank

I'm using a 20g tank that sits on my bookcase. I got plants and breeding mop and some caves but what would b better to use sand, rocks, or marbles? This is my 1st time breeding. I'm breeding guppies.

Don't put in a substrate, it will stay cleaner. Do you have a place to put fry? You'll be overrun. Only put in one trio of high quality guppies to start. To save more fry, get some small holed plastic mesh and put it across the tank so it is divided. You don't need a half and half, just 1/4 of the tank will do. Stuff that entire area with plants and put lots of plants in the adult side too. Fry will swim through the mesh and be safe. Feed them frozen foods and the colors will pop.

Back
Top Bottom