breeding tank help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Guppy Breeder

Aquarium Advice Regular
OK so my female guppy is about to give birth so I got a topfin 2 way breeding tank. But the holes in the bottom look a little big I was wondering if the fry would fall through the holes

I looked up that item and the reviews I read said the holes were too big to contain guppy fry. I prefer the breeder nets, or else just get a lot of plants so the fry can hide in them.

I would go with Angel said, get lots of plants (real or fake). This way if any get through the holes they have places to hide. Also your male to female ratio is off, there should be 3-5 females per male

I bought the same breeder box and i cut a pair of knee highs (panty hose) and took the "band" and streched it around the bottom so the fry can't get out. I've yet to have anyone give birth in my breeder box though, but it's ready if that ever happens! ;)

OK I think I will get a bunch of plants I check my tank often so if any escape ill just put them back in the box

Guppy Breeder said:
OK so my female guppy is about to give birth so I got a topfin 2 way breeding tank. But the holes in the bottom look a little big I was wondering if the fry would fall through the holes

It's a good idea to cover up the holes( with screen or pantyhose) , but if your trying to breed these guppies I would get more females or remove a male. The ratio should be 1 male for every 2-3 females. Otherwise the males will harass the females , sometimes to the point of so much stress that hey die or abort the fry. Good luck though! It's funny to watch the other fish try and get the fry through the plastic

1 of my male just died so the ratio is correct now u didn't know what happened so I posted a fish in unhealthy. Fish category could everyone who reads this check it out.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom