Brenna ' s fish room basement build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
To bad you don't live close to me I was going to get these but the girl friend said noImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1441433060.100768.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Is that display thing in St. Cloud in Central Florida by any chance? Just wanted to know. Btw brennae those L333 are sick

Sent via the power of my aching thumbs

Is that display thing in St. Cloud in Central Florida by any chance? Just wanted to know. Btw brennae those L333 are sick

Thanks! I need to get better pics of them and figure out if I have a pair or what

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Fish room looks and sounds awesome! Plecs look awesome. Lots of plants! Can't wait to see everything planted and rolling!

Fish room looks and sounds awesome! Plecs look awesome. Lots of plants! Can't wait to see everything planted and rolling!

Hey Thanks! I haven't even posted pics of all of the tanks yet. I have a tank of rainbows which is where the plecos are. I'm headed to Menards after work today for some supplies. listen to this, my mom just randomly declared that I need a dorm sized fridge in the basement because I keep buying little cups of black worms and have to feed them all in a day. She won't allow black worms or my fishing bait in her fridge. This way I could get a pound or so and store them. Home Depot add has a good sale on a decent model. I'll probably check into that today. Also I have a source for a used 70g tank for $50. Then I could get the whiptails or farolwellas. Big fish swap on Sept 13. Trying to pre- order some orange laser corys, get bulk black worms etc

it's in Minnesota

Enjoying this fish room build.
You could turn the 10g tanks 90 degrees and possibly fit a second or third tank on each shelf. Just a suggestion.
Ever consider buying a large air pump with multiple outlets and going the sponge filter route?
Since this is a basement, is there a floor drain nearby? Would be nice to hook up some type of drain system with PVC (that you would not trip over). I know the tanks are no big but no more buckets.
So easy to think of things when it's not my project :)

Enjoying this fish room build.
You could turn the 10g tanks 90 degrees and possibly fit a second or third tank on each shelf. Just a suggestion.
Ever consider buying a large air pump with multiple outlets and going the sponge filter route?
Since this is a basement, is there a floor drain nearby? Would be nice to hook up some type of drain system with PVC (that you would not trip over). I know the tanks are no big but no more buckets.
So easy to think of things when it's not my project :)

I tried turning the 10g tanks and the shelves are not quite deep enough. There would have been about an inch of tank over hang. That disappointed me but oh well. I know for next time I buy shelves. The floor drain and sump pits are far from most of the tanks and unfortunately the floor drain is in the worst possible spot and I trip on it now. Lol
I use the hose hooked to the utility sink for filling tanks and cat litter buckets for dirty water. I do have some sponge filters and use them at times. I don't have a decent air pump for a big application and it us something I have thought about. Some of my more permanent tanks that have sand bottoms and are plants (I'll get pics up soon ) have Fluval cannister filters. I have a Fluval 206 I will use on a 20g that I plan on keeping my orange laser corys in. I just contacted a breeder from Detroit who will be at a massive swap next weekend about pre ordering some. I just love the orange lasers so I plan on their setup to be permanent so I invested in the pool filter sand foe their tank. I have some black corys coming after the holiday. Supposedly corydoras venezuelanus. I need to do more research abut I have a hard time resisting unusual corys.

I'm trying some new equipment. This filter is very similar to the Aquaclear 20 except that it has cartridges. I was able to add to the media chamber though. Half the cost of a new ac 20.

My IFS recommend this filter for my 20 gallon long. It pumps 95 gallons per hour. So I took his advice. But have not got mine wet yet.

Hey Thanks! I haven't even posted pics of all of the tanks yet. I have a tank of rainbows which is where the plecos are. I'm headed to Menards after work today for some supplies. listen to this, my mom just randomly declared that I need a dorm sized fridge in the basement because I keep buying little cups of black worms and have to feed them all in a day. She won't allow black worms or my fishing bait in her fridge. This way I could get a pound or so and store them. Home Depot add has a good sale on a decent model. I'll probably check into that today. Also I have a source for a used 70g tank for $50. Then I could get the whiptails or farolwellas. Big fish swap on Sept 13. Trying to pre- order some orange laser corys, get bulk black worms etc

The bait, beer, fish food, etc Fridge is awsome. I keep one in the garage. I do indeed have a few diff strains of black gups and lots of other things as well if your still interested. Lovin this build. keep going strong.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Also i can suggest in my own experiences.... Dont stray from aquaclear as far as HOB filters. They are the best.... And for the fry tanks, sponge, sponge, sponge.... These 2 filters have given me great success on my guppy & cuban lima breeding wall.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I tried turning the 10g tanks and the shelves are not quite deep enough. There would have been about an inch of tank over hang. That disappointed me but oh well. I know for next time I buy shelves. The floor drain and sump pits are far from most of the tanks and unfortunately the floor drain is in the worst possible spot and I trip on it now. Lol
I use the hose hooked to the utility sink for filling tanks and cat litter buckets for dirty water. I do have some sponge filters and use them at times. I don't have a decent air pump for a big application and it us something I have thought about. Some of my more permanent tanks that have sand bottoms and are plants (I'll get pics up soon ) have Fluval cannister filters. I have a Fluval 206 I will use on a 20g that I plan on keeping my orange laser corys in. I just contacted a breeder from Detroit who will be at a massive swap next weekend about pre ordering some. I just love the orange lasers so I plan on their setup to be permanent so I invested in the pool filter sand foe their tank. I have some black corys coming after the holiday. Supposedly corydoras venezuelanus. I need to do more research abut I have a hard time resisting unusual corys.

With 10 gals, you can have a little overhang. All my 10s on the breeder wall are that way. (It's a great space saver.) They all stick out about 2" from the front and back each. I just use 3/4" styro under the tanks to prevent cracking. If the stands are open between the frames, you can just use the styro where the tanks sits on the frame. It's really just the larger tanks that should be completely on the stand. (y)

Just make a frame or attach stabilizers to the 2x4s so they can't move and you should be fine. Center the tanks and you should be good to go. I make my frames as wide as the block so that the weight of the tanks is on the thick/solid parts of the blocks. Remember not to use pressure treated lumber. White wood and polyurathane to keep it from getting soaked. (y)

Just got home from babysitting. Took them to fish stores but I couldn't buy anything because the 5 year old forgets not to touch. Lol
Headed to Menards so we can finish the electric and hang lights. My current shelves only hold a total of 3200 lbs. Maybe more because the particle board was replaced with poplar boards. The other day I had to try to explain to my dad the difference between T5, T8,T10 etc in Menards. I'm not technical so yeah. He thought the bulbs were interchangeable and couldn't understand why I kept rejecting shop lights he was picking up.

I made out like a bandit at Home depot. Sale, clearance and the old man's military discount! Here is the first load out of the truck.

Attachments

• 1441501363612.jpg
    1441501363612.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 113
  • 1441501379749.jpg
    1441501379749.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 119
Drum role please... the steal of the day $138 minus 10% discount

Attachments

• 1441502561645.jpg
    1441502561645.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 117
Here's the inside. I needed one with a light so I can see my worms. Lol

Attachments

• 1441504140413.jpg
    1441504140413.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 110
Well so far the Deep Blue HOB Is working fine. It was $15 so if it goes south I'll get an AC.

This evening I saw my new male albino bristle nose pleco in the breeding cave and one of my females on top the cave. That was quick! I still have to put my stool and cart together. That stool will be so much better than the 70s model folding chair I've been sitting on. Haven't heard back from the cory breeder about the orange laser pre order yet. Hope she responds!!

Back
Top Bottom