Brenna ' s fish room basement build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
To bad you don't live close to me I was going to get these but the girl friend said noView attachment 277479

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Oh man, for that price I could have bought that unit and had it trucked to Michigan and still paid about half it's worth. I'm sure that sucker didn't last long.

Sent from my 5560S using Aquarium Advice mobile app

So I had one lonely Habrosus cory and I purchased 4 more. The breeder just happened to net 2 pairs out. So they are in my tank and are so active and fun to watch where the dwarf emerald rasboras just hide in the back where I can't ever see them. Maybe the tiny corys will breed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The cart looks perfect for moving stuff around. The cushioned, swivel stool is a great idea; one needs to sit and take a break after water changes. And the fridge looks roomy enough for some people stuff, too. Nice!

Ok so last night as I was tucking the fish into bed the male bn plec and my bigger female spawned. She almost didn't fit in the cave. It hasn't been used ever and it's been in my tank for 2 years or more so he tried kicking the snails out and moving the sand for her. I can't believe I've had him only since Thursday and he's got eggs to guard already. So pleased!

thanks, I will right that down
the pet store owner said he had never seen one before, but that he would talk tothe guy at the warehouse and see if he couldn't get him another one. any idea if they are compatable with a ritteri anemone?

That stool was discontinued and the manager couldn't find a price in the computer. They were super busy sp we waited a long time and he comes over and days "how's $20 sound"!

That stool was discontinued and the manager couldn't find a price in the computer. They were super busy sp we waited a long time and he comes over and days "how's $20 sound"!

Ok. So where did that link come from? I was quoting you Fresh.

Ok. So where did that link come from? I was quoting you Fresh.

It came from 2002. Not sure why though. We have been seeing zombie threads appear randomly, especially when clicking on links. Occurs with mobile users I believe.

Awesome! I'll be following!

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

I am so happy for you and getting the plecos. How big is the male? How big do the other two stripy ones grow.? Sounds like the fishroom is really coming a long . Alison

Hey thanks! L333 (striped) get 5 or 6 the guy who sold them to me said. I'm going to try to get pics of my albino bn. Big female is quite fat and maybe 4+ inches. Male and smaller female 3 or so inches. I need to do some more research.

I have pics of the plecos. My corys put eggs down and I just got a reply from the Detroit seller who has a bunch of orange lasers. I'm trying to prepay and reserve mine. He has a good reputation with other people in the business and I did buy some violet corys (similus ) from him a few years ago. In order are L333, bn female that just spawned and male in the cave.

Attachments

• 1441560908783.jpg
    1441560908783.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 84
  • 1441560925343.jpg
    1441560925343.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 91
  • 1441560944141.jpg
    1441560944141.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 83
Ok, I grabbed up the cory eggs. Doing things differently this time around because I keep losing fry. I put one inch of tank water in a specimen container and one drop of methylene blue. I was told don't feed for the first 5 to 7 days after they hatch. I was waiting 2 or 3 and I realized on my own this was too soon. We shall see if this new method works better because out of about 15 hatched fry 2 have made it out of the last batch. I found they did better when I had microworms. I'll get some next Saturday.

Attachments

• 1441563120107.jpg
    1441563120107.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 96
I have pics of the plecos. My corys put eggs down and I just got a reply from the Detroit seller who has a bunch of orange lasers. I'm trying to prepay and reserve mine. He has a good reputation with other people in the business and I did buy some violet corys (similus ) from him a few years ago. In order are L333, bn female that just spawned and male in the cave.

If you want to do more networking in my area and plan to breed the 333s we do have one of the countries top pleco breeders here and I could put you in contact with him, if you end up needing either sex.

my little corner in my room/basement will be small but i only have 8 tanks atm, my shelving will be in an L formation

If you want to do more networking in my area and plan to breed the 333s we do have one of the countries top pleco breeders here and I could put you in contact with him, if you end up needing either sex.

I will definitely keep that in mind. I have to figure out if they are m/f first and read up. I believe these originally came from Detroit from a breeder there. I'm getting the corys from the guy at the swap Saturday.

I will definitely keep that in mind. I have to figure out if they are m/f first and read up. I believe these originally came from Detroit from a breeder there. I'm getting the corys from the guy at the swap Saturday.

I think I might know who the corie's are coming from, but I can't remember his name, he has a lot of orange lasers at our auctions that I always miss out on lol.

Lights are in over the first stand. 48in T8 shop fixture with two grow lights. In the middle is a T5 shop fixture, 2ft long with light they came with. Bottom Coralife 30 inch T5 fixture stock freshwater lights.

Forgot pic

Attachments

• 1441578619198.jpg
    1441578619198.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 98
Looks nice!

I ordered a rack today, but I won't be able to set it up till January. :(

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

Back
Top Bottom