brine shrimp arent growing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

krap101

Aquarium Advice Addict
my brine shrimp have been in there for about 2 1/2 days and not one of them have hatched
their in 70 degree weather (dont know how im going to get a heater in there) and i cant move the thermostat higher
i was wondering how much longer it would take for them to hatch in 70 degree weather
their in a like gallon kimchee container (korean food)

krap101...

Is it safe to assume that you used SALT water to try to hatch them? How do you know they haven't hatched? Brine shrimp nauplii are very tiny. One way to tell if you have them is to darken the room and then hold a flashlight on one side of the container for a few minutes. Brine shrimp are phototropic (they're attracted to light) so if you have any nauplii you should see them beginning to concentrate in the lighted area.

oh because i have them by a window so i guess i couldnt see them... for the saltwater thingy i used the san francisco brand thing with the salt and everything

after 4 days of deliberation the brine shrimp have arrived
but i dont know what to do with them
their smaller then i thought about 20x
i think their to small for my fish to see...
nothing to eat them theyll go bad

*Baby* brine shrimp are for fry... they're about 1/10 mm wide, which is perfect for the mouths of tiny fish. It's harder to raise baby brine shrimp to mature shrimp. I know that some ppl do it, but it'll take time and patience!

When I hatched baby brine shrimp for my fry, they only took about 24-36 hours to hatch...

Back
Top Bottom