Bristle Nose pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clowninaround

Aquarium Advice Activist
I think they figured it out!!! They are both deep into the dark cave!!!! Hoping that she will one out soon so I can see some eggs!!!

He kicked her out. However he is so deep in the driftwood I can't see in there!!!!

There are eggs!!!! Daddy kicked one out already! Fish nabbed it up before I could get to it :(

There are eggs!!!! Daddy kicked one out already! Fish nabbed it up before I could get to it :(

It would have been a bad egg anyway. He wouldn't toss a viable egg.
Just you wait- as soon as the fry are free swimming she'll be back in there laying more eggs! You'll be over run with the little cuties! :lol:

They are very cute! My female is albino. Male is brown. Was hoping for some albino babies but they all look brown at this point :(

You'll find yourself buying veggies just for all those hungry little mouths!

Cripes!! That's a lot of babies! Terrifies me to be honest! I have 5 babies (donated by a friend who had hundreds), and I'm thinking of rehoming 4 of them to prevent babies happening when they get bigger. I'm overstocked as is!

Too cute, love the food presentation! Like a tiered wedding cake!

So far so good! No new eggs! I am feeding zucchini and green beans and algae wafers.

So far so good! No new eggs! I am feeding zucchini and green beans and algae wafers.

Awesome, that's an excellent diet and they should be a decent size in no time :) I scooped up all of my Juvies when mine bred and put them in a breeder box hanging on the tank. They didn't have to compete for food and grew quite big in the first month :)

I left mine with daddy but banished momma. After about a month I transferred half the fry to another tank to allow room for growth. Then in another tank BNP started spawning- it was getting out of control! I had to take away everybody's spawning caves to settle things down. I've been giving BNP away ever since, and taking 50-60 at a time to a couple of different lfs. I still have about 20 I'm going to give away when I break down my 200L tank and get my 700L tank up and running. I have a beautiful short finned marble male (who has proven to be an excellent daddy with strong healthy fry) and a gorgeous long finned marble female (who hasn't got a look in because she isn't the alpha female) that I am going to transfer in hopes that they will breed. Then I will be able to use the 200L tank as a grow out tank from which I can SELL the fry :)

There are 70 or so of them! How many did you put in a breeder box?

Every single one of the fry. My batch was closer to 40 (young pair). After they grew a bit (2-3 gallon breeder box, don't remember) I moved them to my 15 where they grew even more, before eventually selling them to my lfs.

Back
Top Bottom