bristlenose + biorb rocks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

0shayne0

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello I have a biorb life 60 that im planning to breed bristlenose in, just wondering if I will have to change the filter as I was thinking the biorb rocks may suck up the pleco eggs? Any advise welcomed

0shayne0 said:
Hello I have a biorb life 60 that im planning to breed bristlenose in, just wondering if I will have to change the filter as I was thinking the biorb rocks may suck up the pleco eggs? Any advise welcomed

No for breeding plecos u need special caves that are Desined to house eggs. The female will lay them, they stick to the cave. Then the male will go in the cave and sperm on the Eggs to fertilize them. Then u need a ten gal to let the egs develop in I think. Also, breeding plecos is a big hassle. Bristle noses are a good starter. But keep in mind that u need a big tank with lots of room to breed in

Hello again would it be ok to breed in my main tank (bala sharks, red tail sharks, mixture of loachs) I have 6 bristlenoses in there (3 of each I think) will they be ok breeding in there ?

Would really appricate someone who has exsperiance to give me some info thanks

0shayne0 said:
Hello again would it be ok to breed in my main tank (bala sharks, red tail sharks, mixture of loachs) I have 6 bristlenoses in there (3 of each I think) will they be ok breeding in there ?

No because the other fish can eat the eggs. If u have thous special caves , aftr u see them spawn, move the cave to a ten gal. NEVER LET THE EGGS OUT OF WATER

Back
Top Bottom