Bristlenose breeding tips

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
FwA said:
Thanks for the tips. Kinda regretting touching them. Was just scared the white eggs would destroy the rest. The male is back in there still fanning but also still not eating dead eggs. Hopefully round two is better

Were they all white or just some? Will we still have little ones you think?

Just some were white. 9 yesterday morning. 12 by the night. Then I intruded on them :(
Woke up this morning and most of the 'outer layer' of eggs are white. But still so many little organgy/yellow eggs left. I'm on day 4 so I'm guessing if they start hatching tomorrow I might still have some babies I hope :)
Oh and today the male is fanning harder than ever but still won't eat any dead eggs. I'll get a pic for u all

FwA said:
Just some were white. 9 yesterday morning. 12 by the night. Then I intruded on them :(
Woke up this morning and most of the 'outer layer' of eggs are white. But still so many little organgy/yellow eggs left. I'm on day 4 so I'm guessing if they start hatching tomorrow I might still have some babies I hope :)
Oh and today the male is fanning harder than ever but still won't eat any dead eggs. I'll get a pic for u all

Oh good, I had thought it was all of the eggs. Can't wait for the babies! :)

Ok here are pics. Sorry again for bad quality but was best photo I could get without disturbing him again too much.

Attachments

• image-597215749.jpg
    image-597215749.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 79
  • image-88206216.jpg
    image-88206216.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 76
  • image-1550486066.jpg
    image-1550486066.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 66
So are those white eggs gonna destroy my batch?
And also, the good eggs are orange. Will they stay orange til the fry hatch or do they change color on a certain day?

Oh and water changes. When should I do one? And how much?
I did one on day two of eggs but havnt done another since. Do I do one today?

They get darker before the hatch(unless golden albinos).

I followed my regular schedule for water changes.

Thanks man. U been a great help.
I decided to move all my tanks and fish around and I now have an Official breeding room :)
I have my pair of Angels in a 29g and my pair of bristlenose in my 10g.
I followed all instructions for moving dad and eggs, never took them out of water :)
Now dad is eating dead eggs and actually sitting on the eggs fanning them instead of at the mouth of his cave. He is learning fast :D hopefully he saves a few this round. And next round I'm more prepared

Attachments

• image-349450196.jpg
    image-349450196.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 84
Since you're breeding bristlenose, I was wondering if you might sell me a male, so I can get some females from my lfs and avoid inbreeding?

I'll be happy to :) I have 5 jouvies I bought a while ago to try get a pair. My older ones ended up pairing anyways so I can sell u one of those 5 as soon as they are old enough to sex. About another month or so?

That sounds about right, I'm planning on buying a 40g around then, and I need the 40g first! So no worries on time ^^

This is one of the juveniles

Attachments

• image-3857664388.jpg
    image-3857664388.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 81
It's so puny! I should get an albino female to see what the babies end up like ^^

Beautiful markings on that lil guy! You must be beaming with pride! Congrats!!

He's very cute, if you're selling me one of those, I might just explode, because that's a really pretty gene pool! ^^

Back
Top Bottom