bristlenose pleco eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joselito76

Aquarium Advice Regular
My Bristlenose pleco had has about 20 eggs I moved to a small 5 gallon tank from my 125 gallons tank the still in the drift wood I want them to be out the wood ,but so far a have had no luck. Any recommendations on what to give then to eat etc,etc

Eggs won't eat. When were they laid and what color are they? Are the plecos still in the driftwood with the eggs?

you need to get the eggs out and air rate them. male plecos are a good parent. once the female lays the egg he kicks her out then fans the eggs until they hatch. they stay in the cave for a little while after they hatch then kick out and start over.

They already hatch and I put them in a 5 gallon tank they are still in the drift wood do I need to remove the drift wood from the tank and what do they eat.

i wouldnt remove the wood. feed the babies zucchini and do lots of water changes. grow them out and keep them or sell them.

you could send me some of them (lol) if you still don't know what to do with them. I can never find the Albino ones around here. Post some pics if you can.
congrats.

here are the pics regulars and the Albinos

Attachments

• IMGP3027.jpg
    IMGP3027.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 180
  • IMGP3024.jpg
    IMGP3024.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 156
Back
Top Bottom