Bronze Cories

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Autumnsky

Site Team
Omg!

my fat female is being chased and cuddled by the two males, lots of snuggling and crossing over and under. She looks like she is gonna pop!

What am I going to be looking for and how soon and what would I do. I get Nerite eggs all the time are they going to look the same but not be stuck on?

Omg!

my fat female is being chased and cuddled by the two males, lots of snuggling and crossing over and under. She looks like she is gonna pop!

What am I going to be looking for and how soon and what would I do. I get Nerite eggs all the time are they going to look the same but not be stuck on?

They will form a T shape with the female drinking the male's whatever you wish to call it. She'll have the eggs held on her belly and just cruise around finding her favorite places to smear them. Follow her around and gently scrape them off. If they're on plant leaves, just remove the leaf. Put them in the fry tank. The tannish ones are fertilized.

How soon after their friendliness does this happen?

They have been cuddly a few weeks ago I noticed too. I just took out a jungle of moss and plants so I can get a much better view of the happening now!

Possibly, they have been very cozy since Thanksgiving but especially since December. Other fish and inverts in the tank probably ate them, it was so dense vegetatively in there I wouldn't have seen them.

Back
Top Bottom